Regardless of your English proficiency level, the VISAS program provides many opportunities to practice.
All of our programs are free of charge and open to any interested
English language learners in the UVA community.
- Flexible scheduling based on individual needs
- An opportunity to meet people from diverse backgrounds
- A way to share your own culture and learn about both the U.S. and UVA culture
- A way to get involved with the Center for American English Language and the broader University
Language Consultant Program
- For international students, staff members, researchers, post-docs, or spouses of a student, staff, or scholars
- Meet with a UVA volunteer and another international partner (in some cases) for an hour of relaxed English conversation and cultural exchange
- For international students, staff members, researchers, post-docs, or spouses of a student, staff, or scholar
- Extra English conversation practice on Wednesday nights from 5-6 PM
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.